Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Getting rid of the junk...in my garage

This week is starting off really well. I actually had time to clean out my garage. I still have some empty boxes and paper to recycle which will be done by the end of this week. I filled my trash and recycle bins to capacity so there is a queue of remaining items left in my garage. My deck is all clean and I've gotten rid of those really old wooden beach chairs that were flaking paint everywhere.

Admittedly, I like my home to be very organized. Lately I've come to the conclusion that I have way too much stuff, so I started to declutter. Old magazines, empty boxes that I have kept around, old dishes and utensils. I have some stuff I still need to give away or donate like an old CRT monitor, printer and old computer desk. I've also thought about moving to a single family home next year. Which means I will need to start putting things away in boxes and do any small fixer-upper type things before my current place goes on the market.

Anyways, back to my week. My healthy eating has been alright. I had some pizza on Friday but at least it was vegetarian, piled high with vegetables and not oily. I had some cake as well since I went to a birthday. Yesturday night I had a great weight session, today and Thursday I have triathlon swim class, wednesday is another weight session, Friday I will be going out for an open water swim. Then this weekend we plan on going for a hike. So if things go according to plan...man I love plans. Taking care of yourself, eating healthy, staying fit is a good example of how you treat yourself, and it shows.

No comments: