Saturday, January 19, 2008

What did I get myself into?

I have decided that this year I will take my fitness to another level. So I have made the commitment to train with the Pro Sports Club triathlon team for the next six months. We have several hours of training every week. The first part of the training will focus on strength and stamina, nutrition, followed by biking, then open water swimmming. Most people find the swimming portion to be the most difficult part of the triathlon - I just hope I don't drown. Our classes will be held at the ProClub, the Performance Training Center, high school tracks and open water. We will be training for 4 triathlons and end with a full Olympic triathlon in September. Luckily for us newbies we don't need to start with an Olympic triathlon.

Sprint Triathlon: 750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run
Olympic Triathlon: 1.5k swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Half Iron Man: 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21km run
Full Iron Man: 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42km run