Monday, December 5, 2011

Dude, what are you so mad?

So I have noticed recently that more and more people are getting mad over stupid things. For example, one day I was leaving the Costco parking lot at night and this guy wearing dark clothes walks out of nowhere in front of me and I slammed on my brakes. He got SOOO PISSED and started yelling at me (I couldn't hear him of course). Today I went shopping and was in a parking lot full of cars, the car in front of me stopped so I tried to go around it (just so you know I don't like pu$$y footing around so passing is something I do all the time), so the lady in the car looked at me like WTF? Lastly, tonight at dinner we sat down at a table to find a dirty diaper, so I moved it like 6 inches and the guy sitting at the table next to us was like "So throw it at us why don't you." I replied that it was still on our side of the table and it was 4 feet away from him. My friend was about to tell him off. Man, some people have such a short fuse. What ever happened to "Don't sweat the small stuff?" It takes a lot of energy to be mad or upset, so in reality it doesn't make sense for folks to be angry over little things. I've learned to take this approach whenever I feel rage coming on: "Is this person or thing worth my energy? Will the world fall apart?" The answer is usually no, so I just forget about it and move forward. This is how I stay so calm and collected, not to mention a way happier human being.

No comments: