Thursday, July 8, 2010

Yuppie Triathlete is back in action....

Holy crap has it been this long since I've written something? OK, well I better update you all...whomever is still reading this blog of mine.

So I started the 2010 triathlon season with the Issaquah Sprint Triathlon the beginning of June. I completed the this tri in 1h35min. I had not really trained for this, but I knew I had a decent base level of fitness. You see, I broke my foot in February running - yup, stepped on a rock and my foot rolled. So I wasn't able to do much of anything for 3 months. I came back to running in May by participating in the Vancouver Sun Run 10k. There were 51,000 people running this! I know, pretty crazy huh? I completed this run in 1h 3min, not to shabby for a girl coming off a broken foot.

Just 2 weeks ago, I completed my first half marathon. The Seattle Rock'n Roll! It was amazing...28,000 people! I actually had not planned to run this as it was sold out. But I was able to pick up someones bib at the last moment. Thus I was "ghost running" for someone else (under their name). It took me 2h 12min to run the half and I was sore for 3 days because I didn't train for it.

So far my triathon training is going well, I am running really well right now and my swimming is improving...at least the fitness part of it as I think I am ready to be promoted to a faster swim lane. My next race will be at Federal Escape on July 31st and it will be my first olympic distance of the year. That's it for now!

No comments: