Sunday, February 17, 2008

It's murder on the track

Yesturday's track workout just whoop my butt. I am really, really sore today. No pain, no gain right? So far, I have taken 600 mg of ibuprophen and 1 extra strength tylenol. I've also had to whip out the Bengay as well. I wonder if other people are sore too? This is a little out of the ordinary because I run 10-12 miles/week on the treadmill so it's not like I am brand new to this. You would think that it works the same muscle groups right? I can't believe how much harder it is to run on solid ground.

My quads feel like they are bruised and my upper arms are hurting too. Unfortunately, I had to pass on swimming and cycling today because I was just too sore.

Work has been crazy so it's been a while since I have written here. Last week, I picked up my cycling shoes and tried them out in class. I'm not sure how I feel about the LOOK cleats. I think I prefer to be locked in a little more.

Last week, I did get into the pool and was able to last longer and swim faster than before. Progess, that is what I like to see! I am planning on taking the triathlon swim class to get some pointers - thank God there is a 9:30am class! The other option is a really early swim class - but I like sleeping in :)

No comments: