Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Goals and Training plan

We've been asked to take time to think about goals and a training plan. I can't help but smirk a little, because for the past week, my biggest goal was not to drown in Lake Sammammish. I had even thought about how I could hide floatation devices on my body during the swim. Given how tight the wetsuit is, I think only implants would work.

Goals for 2008 in order
----------------------------
1) Swim half a mile non stop
2) Become a decent road biker (learn how to bike at a good pace and distance, be able to change my own flats and use clipless pedals)
3) Run 10k without barfing
4) Do the above 3 things back to back
5) Do the Danskin triathlon
6) Do some other sprint triathlon

Weekly Training Program
-----------------------------
I workout about 5-6 times a week regularly. Usually it is some form of circuit training. About 30 minutes of weights (arms, shoulders, back) and some running afterwards. But, my endurance is still not really good. Strength wise, I think I am pretty strong.

Monday = Circuit training + Run 14 minutes (add 1 minute every week)
Tuesday = Indoor Cycling
Wednesday = Swimming
Thursday = Circuit training + Run 10 minutes (add 1 minute every week)
Friday = Rest
Saturday = Team workout
Sunday = Swimming + Cycling

No comments: