Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Underwater treadmill


I was chatting with my PT Shelly yesturday about how my knee injury has been hampering with my regular activities. I cannot run, I cannot bike and even daily things like walking down the stairs I need to becareful. I am also worried that my cardiovascular abilities might diminish. Shelly gladly mentioned that I could train on the underwater treadmill and that it would be covered by Microsoft. Woohoo, the ProClub rocks and so does my insurrance plan!

So I've setup 2x underwater treadmill classes a week, swim 3x a week and do strength training, intervals in boot camp 2x a week. This is the best I can do until my knees heal.

Lastly, I bought the Yakima King Joe bike rack for my car. I tried to figure out how to set the thing up, but no luck. There are so many straps and clamps to make your head spin. I guess I will bring it back to the shop.

2 comments:

Alison said...

That sounds so awesome! I've never seen an underwater treadmill before...it truly seems fit for a yuppie! :) Can you take pics?

Angela said...

Apparently the thing costs over $200K! It's pretty posh, there are video cameras installed so that you can see yourself run in every direction.