Sunday, May 18, 2008

Two week workout plan

So I tested out my knee yesturday at practice and I could not run more than 4 laps of the track. It probably would have been fine, except I swam afterwards (pulling the entire time), then headed over to the U-district fair where we spent 6 hours walking around. My knees were moderately achy by the end of the night.

As I am an injured athlete, I really feel I need a good workout plan for the rest of the month, here is mine:
Sunday: 30 minute run in the pool, 1000 yard swim
Monday: Movement prep & strength training portion of boot camp + stationary bike
Tuesday: Get to pool early for 30 run in pool + triathlon swim class
Wednesday: Movement prep & strength training portion of boot camp + stationary bike
Thursday: Get to pool early for 30 run in pool + triathlon swim class
Friday: rest
Saturday: Swim + outdoor bike if knees feeling good.

Plus doing my PT exercises everyday.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I found your blog through Jen (100 Days) and absolutely had to leave a comment here. In late February 2008 I ended up having surgery for what was basically tendinitis that I ignored for a year (training for an Ironman). The recovery from the surgery has been much slower and more painful than it would have been to take a few weeks/months off when I was injured in the first place!

My advice is LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!! If something hurts, even a little bit, don't do it. It will not kill you to take a few weeks off of exercise completely, aside from PT. That probably would have fixed my knee problem in the first place.

Angela said...

Thanks Alison, I am babying this injury. Just doing what ever exercises I can that don't aggrevated it. I do know that staying healthy is most important right now, even if it means I need to miss my race. Unfortunately, that makes me really sad as I had been really looking forward to doing it.